Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Magazine parodies / part two / Harvard Lampoon parodies

The Harvard Lampoon, started in 1876 and it's probably the oldest American humor magazine, Little, Brown & Company published a book in 1973 looking back over the years.       
    Magazine parodies had always been a regular feature, Newsweek, Saturday Review, Esquire, Time (twice) The New York Times had spreads in the book. 
    It doesn't say whether the 1968 Times was a complete issue or just a front page, the USA Today (below) was an edition with all the supplements.   I saved these issues over the years, except for the National Geographic, a copy I missed but I found the cover on the net.  If you have a copy you don't want I'd love to add it to my collection.
   You can see some general magazine parodies from the last few decades in the January 2014 archive.













No comments:

Post a Comment